Monday, December 14, 2009

Spanish tutoring.

Apparently, in addition to Andrew, I'm also tutoring a junior in Spanish 3. His name is Daniel Bak and he called me on my cellphone to ask for help.

Mr. Ramirez pulled me aside today and had a talk with me about how Daniel is having trouble grasping basic concepts and was hoping that I could bring them up to par. I felt really unsettled that he was speaking to me so seriously, but at the same time it was kind of humbling because he put so much faith in me. I also spoke to Mrs. Matic, Andrew's teacher, today during lunch about his performance in the class and supposedly he's not the only one struggling. She gave me a basic time-line of the remainder of the semester and told me where he stood in her class. Again, I was a little surprised at her straight-forwardness, because it seems that he does fine on homework (most likely because I help him) but not at all on tests and quizzes. This was really alarming, but now I'm more determined than ever. I'm seriously making it one of my personal goals to raise Andrew's grade in Spanish. He is going to get a B in that class, damn it. And I will not let him slip during second semester. I will not, I tell you! Good grief.

The things I do for these younger kids, honestly. Sheesh.

No comments:

Post a Comment