Monday, September 28, 2009

Young boy meets pretty girl.

Today was very hectic. I woke up at some ungodly hour of the morning to finish my economics and English homework. That was a treat. Then I missed third and sixth period today to give Computer Club presentations to ninth and seventh graders. And then during Club Rush, I ran around shoving cookies into people’s mouths and Computer Club flyers in their hands. Very effective.

After school, Matthew, Theresa and I dawdled for a while around campus while making fun of Mattie’s uncanny femininity. We eventually sat down near the sophomore lockers, where Grindlay meets Orange. Then all of a sudden, I see a certain kiddopie flailing his arms at me from across the street at the Cypress Library. I heard him shouting something about a ride, so I assumed he wanted me to drive him home and I just waved him over. When he had finally crossed the street, I saw that he had a girl in tow. Her name was Semi, and it turned out that he wanted me to drive them to the liquor store. I was very reluctant, because I was quite enjoying my conversation with the sophomores, but he kept whining and dancing up and down until finally I said yes out of exasperation.

On the way to my car, I heard Justin rattling on to Semi about how I would drive them so they didn’t have to walk. She seemed pretty shy, and kept talking to him in Korean. I was disappointed to hear that she wasn’t his girlfriend. Why on earth not, Justin? She’s cute as a button! Ask her out, for crying out loud. A young boy like you needs a pretty girl.

We had a bit of a detour in the parking lot, because Paul Koh started bothering Justin before we could reach my car. Justin responded by bragging about how I was driving him to the liquor store, and Paul came sauntering up to me and said something like, “Hello, new friend. Mind if I tag along?” He even stole Justin’s shotgun seat. I was very pleased with him. I had been waiting for a chance to introduce myself to Paul for weeks now, ever since I started talking to his friend Andrew. Mission accomplished. Cue applause.

Justin is going to make the cutest boyfriend. You could tell he was trying to impress her by pretending to pick something out from the alcohol section. Although to be honest, she looked quite bored throughout the whole ordeal. In the end, she ended up buying him ice cream. I should give them my blessing.

Once I got home, that annoying kid who kept bugging me to be his tutor instant messaged me again, and I finally got the information I wanted. Turns out that the brat doesn’t even go to Oxford. He’s a sophomore at Cypress who claimed to have heard of me through Andrew, which turned out to be a lie when I actually called up Andy to confirm. The kid wanted me to tutor him for five hours a day, in Pre-Calculus, no less. What a selfish and demanding child. Needless to say, I turned him down.

I am exhausted, and utterly screwed for my Calculus test. I guess I should go study, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment