Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Seoul.

I'm ready to be lost in a city where no one knows my name. Where bright lights flicker and beautiful people stroll. Where I can be different just by being me, where no one will understand the things I do or the things I say. Where I will be okay with not being understood.

I'm ready for the incoherent nights, for the pounding music and the smudge of bodies against bodies. For the hazy memories that will need piecing back together, for the gaps of time marked only by the pour of sweet drinks.

I'm ready for the smell of the city, for the crowds of people, for the feeling of being free to do whatever I want. For the distance it will bring me, the some thousand miles from home.

I'm ready to be in a country that's been calling my name for years now, to finally experience its splendor, to see if it's a place that I can spend the rest of my life in.

I'm so ready for you, Korea. I can taste you on my tongue, see you when I close my eyes. You're so close, yet so far away. I've never wanted anything this badly in my entire life.

Only one more month, and already I'm tired of waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment