Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Th boy in the canned food aisle at Albertson's.

Was a young, beautiful thing. All long legs in skinny jeans and and lovely, high cheekbones and a smile that could swallow the world.

Thirteen, I'm guessing. Sixth or seventh grade. Standing next to the shopping cart as if posing for Vogue. Leaning slightly against the shelves, hair in his eyes, hands shoved deep in his pockets. Grumbling as his mother scolds him for not helping her with the shopping. Eyes lighting up upon entering the candy and cookie section.

I can't help but think of the kiddopie that I've become so fond of. How he'll beg me for candy and sweets and attention. I'll look at the Albertson's boy whining to his mother for Oreos and think that it's all too familiar.

Because deep down, young boys are all the same.

They just want to be loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment